Sunday, January 18, 2015

January 6, 2015 -- About Face


Book 012 -- About Face

Donna Leon's Commissario Guido Brunetti series of mysteries is set in Venice.  About Face is the 18th in the series.
The Environment, the Chinese involvement in manufacturing in the area and Guido's father-in-law, a Count, play roles in this story of possibly illegal garbage disposal.  A really good summary of the plot can be found at this OverDrive description of one of the 2 eBook versions they offer to libraries to offer to their patrons:   eBook at OverDrive
OverDrive offers two eBook versions (links below -- based on publisher and where they are available (i.e. USA or UK, etc.)) and an audio version, link also below.  Be aware that someone goofed (big time) when filling in the description of the eAudioBook -- that is for an entirely different book.  **shrugs**  I borrowed it anyhow from my library's Overdrive service and, as usual with any Brunetti mystery, enjoyed the book. 
I wish I was better at summarizing the book plots than I am.  I can "rate" this book though -- as with all of the Commissario Brunetti books, on a scale of 5 stars -- I give every book I have listened to in the series a four and a half!  **grin**



About Face
Written by: Donna Leon
Narrated by: David Colacci
Length: 9 hrs and 39 mins 
Series: Guido Brunetti, Book 18
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:04-07-09
Publisher: AudioGO






No comments:

Post a Comment