Friday, January 2, 2015

The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents

January 2, 2015 -- Book 001

The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents

I had listened to this book at least once before.  And when it came available from the public library's OverDrive service in the last couple of days in 2014, I decided to hold on to it to make it the first book I listened to in 2015.  **sigh**  I am glad I did. 

As usual, Terry Pratchett delivers an entertaining story.  And, that is probably one of the biggest understatements I can make about anything written by Sir Pratchett.

Maurice is a cat.  His educated rodents are rats.  Their accomplice is that "stupid looking boy" who plays the pipes fairly well.  They all arrive in a town called Bad Blinitz, intending to run their "Pied Piper" scam one last time.  What they find and what happens to them all is not what they expected at all.

You can  find a description of the book, hear and excerpt and find out if your local public library offers the audiobook version of Maurice's amazing story here:  OverDrive
Or if you'd like to own a copy, check out Powell's Books -- a variety of purchase options (editions of the book, scroll down for the list) will show up in the right column:  Powell's Books

When I went looking for this book at OverDrive's main site, I discovered they have 5,283 juvenile fiction audiobook titles in the English language!  WOW!  If only I could get through them all -- LOL!  Then, when I finally scrolled through the list to the books beginning with "The,"  I discovered that Maurice is considered a YA book ... so off I went to scroll through almost 3,029 English language audiobooks in the fiction category here!  So many books, so little time.  ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment