Sunday, January 18, 2015

January 9, 2015 -- Books 015 to 016 -- More Shorts while waiting ...


So, after I decided to skip out of The History of the Medieval World, I decided to download a book from my Wish List at my library's OverDrive service.  My internet was running slower than Karo in winter at the North Pole, so I had to find something to fill in while I waited.

Book 015 -- Gruffalo's Child

    Written by: Julia Donaldson
    Narrated by: Hal Hollings
    Length: 6 mins
    Unabridged Audiobook
    Release Date:01-01-08
    Publisher: Penguin Group USA and Audible

The sequel to The Gruffalo, Gruffalo's Child tells what happens when the Gruffalo's child disobeys and goes looking for the "Big Bad Mouse" ...
Audible has two versions.  The one I have is read by Hal Hollings and runs 6 minutes.  The second version is read by ImeldaStaunton;  this is the same version OverDrive provides -- it runs 15 minutes.  Both are unabridged versions ...






Written by: William Kotzwinkle, Glenn Murray, Elizabeth Gundy
Narrated by: Mike Ferreri
Length: 7 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:01-01-08
Publisher: Penguin Group USA and Audible

What can you say about a dog who pollutes the air almost constantly?  Well, when it is Walter who is doing the polluting, he is actually being a bit of a superhero without knowing it ...


OverDrive does not have this book, but does provide the first Walter book as an eBook








No comments:

Post a Comment