Wednesday, February 18, 2015

February 10, 2015 -- Book 059


Since I like to avoid book one of a new series and start with the second or third book then go back to book one -- it was okay to find both books one and three with waiting lists and book 2 of the Hero's Guide series available for immediate listen from the library's OverDrive service.  Christopher Healy's The Hero's Guide to Storming the Castle might have been improved from knowing a little more about the characters if I had started with book one ... but that does not seem to be a necessity.
 
I am glad this was an audiobook -- the voices given to the various characters described their personalities so well!  I might not have picked up on some of that if I was just reading the words.  I'm on the waiting lists for the other two books in the series.

The League of Heroes are those princes that are just scenery decoration in the fairy tales of Cinderella, Rupunzel and Sleeping Beauty.  And they aren't very good at being heroes ...

No comments:

Post a Comment