Wednesday, February 18, 2015

January 22, 2015 -- Book 032



Sticking to a Neil Gaiman "theme" (sort of), I went on to The Ocean At The End of the Lane.  I'd seen a YouTube where Gaiman was talking about this book and decided it was time to stop ignoring it and give it a try.

I'd love to say what other book this one reminds me of, but it would be too much of a spoiler -- so I won't.  I don't know how to describe the book ... except to repeat what I've seen other places -- a middle-aged man goes home for a funeral and decides to drive to the end of the lane and there encounters his past.

I enjoyed the book but am glad it was an OverDrive listen.  I can borrow it again when I decide to give it another listen.  I expect that will be a couple of years from now, not sooner.   This is the kind of book where you want the details to be fuzzy or even forgotten so they are new discoveries when you return to it again.




No comments:

Post a Comment