Wednesday, February 18, 2015

January 19, 2015 -- Book 028


However, this Jasper Fforde Thursday Next book does stand out in my mind;  One of Our Thursdays is Missing is a unique book in the series.  This one stands out for two reasons -- the main character is actually the Written Thursday and she acquires a clockwork butler in the course of the story. 

Like many other readers, I would actually like to encounter that butler again in another Thursday adventure one day.  :-)

The Written Thursday had once tried to become a Jurisficiton agent but flunked out. Yet, in this book, she solves a mystery.  Hmmm ...

Oh, as I have mentioned a few times in other posts, there have been books I did not like on first listen but liked more after a second listen.  This is one of those books.  I really did not like this book at first, but knowing the "a second listen can help" trend, when I first got this book, listened to it and did not like it much, I immediately did the re-listen and have enjoyed it ever since.  ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment