Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Janaury 17, 2015 -- Books 026 & 027


Book 026 

Another "short."  A kid's book.  By William Steig.  Had to be good, I figured.  Read by John Lithgow.  Even better, I thought.

However, not my favorite Steig book.  Wizzil gets that honor.

Sylvester and the Magic Pebble is NOT a fun story.  It has elements of panic and worry in it.  Of course, it has to have a happy ending;  it is a kid's book after all.  But ... thankfully, it was an OverDrive download and not something I picked up (cheap) from Audible.  I have no intention of listening to this book ever again.  So I do not even intend to share purchase options for this book since I doubt many kids would want to hear it more than once.



Book 027

First Among Sequels is the next book in the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde.  This one is read by Emily Grey.  And since we are about a month since I listened to this book and as I write about it, I'm afraid I don't even remember the basic plot of this one.  Sorry.   Sometimes the whole series mixes itself up in my brain and becomes the one big story that it is ...

No comments:

Post a Comment