Wednesday, February 18, 2015

January 16, 2015 -- ICFTL 02 (It Came From The Library --> OverDrive, really ...)


A couple of years ago, Linda, the librarian at the local branch I like to visit, told us she had recently seen either Jersey Boys or Forever Plaid at a live theater in one of the other local towns.  Now that I think back, I think it was my Mom who had seen Forever Plaid and Linda who had seen Jersey Boys.  At the time I got this from the OverDrive service, I thought it was the one Linda had recommended.

Anyhow, Forever Plaid was available for download to watch.  So I got it.

It opened with "Three Coins In A Fountain”  and made me remember when one of my older sisters had watched the old movie one weekend and told us about seeing "Three Pennies in a Pond."  I grinned and knew I would enjoy the show.

There is a sort of storyline to the show but mostly it is music of the early 60s and late 50s.  Actually before "my time" but the music was still on the radio as I grew up, so familiar to me.  There are references to other cultural icons of the time as well, such as Ed Sullivan and an ad for a certain popular car ...

I enjoyed the show, the music and the references to the culture of the early 60s -- but it made me wonder how long it will be before the music and especially the cultural references will be total "lost" on the audience.  **sigh**



No comments:

Post a Comment