Wednesday, February 18, 2015

February 3, 2015 -- Book 050


A re-listen!  Before the one-week check-out expired, I decided to re-listen to the Susan Duerden rendition of Jasper Fforde's The Eyre Affair.  The note in the composition book, where I keep track of books listened to (along with other "important" information **grin**), says it was because so much was different from the version I am used to.

This time I wrote down one more mispronunciation -- Field Marshall Blücher was read with a "ch" not "ck" ... again, picky picky but ... sometimes people really need to make an effort to get it right.
I think what bugs me about these things is that supposedly there are directors and producers for these recordings along with review editors.  Someone should have caught that to have it corrected.  I really get p.o.ed by these kinds of mistakes.

I know I would love to be a book narrator but I also know I would not be any good at it.  So maybe I should not complain about annoying voices given to characters (such as Zaphod given a Brooklyn accent in one production of a Douglas Adams' book) or words not pronounced properly.  When there is supposed to be a team behind these books, and a "value" put on the product (it has to be purchased either by me or the library), then there needs to be quality control.

I still think I want the Richard III scene added to the version I have ...

No comments:

Post a Comment